[Wg-test-framework] Project Update

Ian,

We started working bench testing the 4 Dell servers we received last Thursday.  We ran in to problem when trying to load Debian 7.7 it did not support the NIC cards in the servers.  We downloaded the proper drivers but could not get them installed.  I spoke to  DonK and he suggested using Debian 7.8.  I started downloading the 7.8 DVD image and then had to leave.  Monday was cut short because of the Blizzard hitting New England.  All non-emergency travel was banned from Monday afternoon to Wednesday. We got 3+ Feet of snow in Westborough so nothing else got done.

I spoke to Comtrol and we are expecting the returned repaired components to be delivered Wednesday.  I will install it the same day I get it.  The Snow may have screwed up the delivery.

When I install the repaired Comtrol components I will remove the other set to return.  I ran the diagnostics and it looks like the Comtrol path panel on Newcastle has failed as well.  I will connect the repaired patch panel to Newcastle.

It appears there was a power surge while we were installing the Patch panels damaging them.  Comtrol is repairing them under WARRANTY.

I have not gotten the MSI BIOS update yet.  I will go through the procedure Sherry suggested as soon as I get back to the office.

We will move the PDU’s to the infrastructure Vlan when we put the Comtrol patch panel back.

We will also attempt to connect the Switches and PDU’s to the Comtrol patch panel as well.

Paul