Re: [Wg-test-framework] Project Update

Firstly, thanks for the update.

Paul L. George writes ("Project Update"):
> We started working bench testing the 4 Dell servers we received last
> Thursday.  We ran in to problem when trying to load Debian 7.7 it
> did not support the NIC cards in the servers.  We downloaded the
> proper drivers but could not get them installed.

This is bnx2, right ?  This is expected.  You need an image with
nonfree firmware included.

>  I spoke to DonK
> and he suggested using Debian 7.8.  I started downloading the 7.8
> DVD image and then had to leave.

It might be more sensible to use netinst boot media.  That would avoid
downloading a lot of stuff you won't end up using.

> I spoke to Comtrol and we are expecting the returned repaired
> components to be delivered Wednesday.  I will install it the same
> day I get it.  The Snow may have screwed up the delivery.

Thanks.

> When I install the repaired Comtrol components I will remove the other set to
> return.  I ran the diagnostics and it looks like the Comtrol path panel on
> Newcastle has failed as well.  I will connect the repaired patch panel to
> Newcastle.

Thanks.

> It appears there was a power surge while we were installing the Patch panels
> damaging them.  Comtrol is repairing them under WARRANTY.

Good.  Are power surges common in this datacentre ?

> We will move the PDU?s to the infrastructure Vlan when we put the
> Comtrol patch panel back.
> We will also attempt to connect the Switches and PDU?s to the Comtrol patch
> panel as well.

Thanks.

How is the VM installation going ?