Re: [Wg-test-framework] Minutes from today's Xen Project - Allnet Meeting ( Feb 11 2015)

A few corrections and amplifications...

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:59:24 +0000
Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Adding Test Framework WG and fixed CC list (which I got wrong)
>
> From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>>
> Date: Wednesday, 11 February 2015 15:30
> To: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxx>>,
> George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>>,
> Paul George <pgeorge@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pgeorge@xxxxxxxxxx>>
> Subject: Minutes from today's Xen Project - Allnet Meeting ( Feb 11 2015)
>
> Feel free to forward to the test WG and modify as appropriate
>
> = Attendees =
> * Don K
> * Lars K
> * Paul G
> * Ian Jackson

> Don: Can talk via serial ports to VMs

Can talk to serial ports from serial VMs. (E.g. can talk to the main servers'
console via the serial ports on the serial VMs.)

> Don: Set up kill scripts for serial servers (if we find this necessary in a
> crisis)
> Don: restarted SSH deamons to use port 42, firewall routes to ssh servers

Should be port 24.

> Don: web port piped to WHS machine

s/WHS/WWW/

> Don: Infrastructure machine is up connecting to the test network

s/machine is/machines are/

> Don: All machines are statically IPâed

Clarification: all infrastructure machines are statically IP'ed.

> Don: DNS server is up, but there are a couple of extra config steps, which
> may be needed
>
> ACTION: Don & Ian will discuss best way to do this via IRC or mail
>
> Ian: Do we have a table or spreadsheet with all MAC addresses?
> No
>
> ACTION: Don to create a table of MAC addresses
>
> Ian: Suggests to avoid NFS and to use DHCP to
>
> Ian: Is the database working?
> Don: Installed, but have not created users etc. except Ian, Don S, Don K,
> George

Clarification: no database users have been created. The login users have.

> Ian: probably best if I do this
>
> ACTION: Ian will negotiate on IRC re further software set-up after the static
> IP addresses are set up in the DNS (for the test boxes)
>
> Don: still has to install TP and the other infrastructure machines

Correction: Still need to install NTP on the infrastructure machines.
Will use infra as the local NTP server.

> Ian: Want a local NTP server on the local infrastructure machines and have
> everything slaving off the NTP server
>
> Ian: can you let me know when you have the static IP addresses and NTP server
> set up?
>
> ACK

Thanks,
-d