Re: [Wg-test-framework] Minutes from today's Xen Project - Allnet Meeting ( Feb 11 2015)

On 02/11/15 16:03, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> * Machine with MSI image
>> * Cabling
>>
>> Ian: will carry on with the rest of the set-up until the MSI issue is fixed
>> Paul: suspects that the board is a workstation board instead of a server
>> board, which may be the root of the issue
>>
>> What are we going to do if we canât resolve the issue
>> George: suggested to get a new mother board to fit the new chips
>> Ian: AMD was keen on this particular chipset
>
> Could you provide more details on which motherboard this is?

White Box 2U rack - AMD 970A-G46, AMD AM3+, 4
DIMM, max 32GB; AMD FX-630.9 6-Core, 8MB cacge,
32nm, 95w; ITB HDD x 1; 8GB RAM; DVDRW

AMD FX-6300 AM3+ Vishera series; 3.5GHz 6MB L-2
cache; 8MB L-3; 95watts "CO' Stepping

MSI 970A-646, AM3+ motherboard **** version with 9
pin serial port

> In worst case you can get an Rosewill RC-301EU card ($19 on NewEgg)
> and use that. Xen suppoerts Oxford based serial cards.

The issue is not an additional serial card, but having a BIOS that can
be fully used (changed) via a serial connection.

   -Don Slutz