[Wg-test-framework] [Wg-test -framework] Minutes 12th February 2015

Attendees

* Don Slutz (Verizon)

* Aravind Gopalakrishnan (AMD)

* Marcos Matsunaga (Oracle)

* Ian Jackson (Citrix)

* Chris Shepherd (Citrix)

Apologies

* Lars Kurth (Citrix)

* Don D Dugger (Intel)

==Actions==

Ian to make a proposal for a quality metric around the elapsed time between a test failure and a fix being made.

==COLO status==

Concrete and regular progress now being made. All hardware now operational. Some basic control testing of the new infra should be feasible by end Feb however will not be going live before end March.

==Review of Xen Project community plan (Quality and Security)==

Migration to new test infra will complete by end March not end Feb.

WG recommends 1 day per week sys admin effort (not half a day per week as currently budgeted) – we believe anything less than 1 day per week will compromise our ability to maintain a good QoS on the test infrastructure.

Metrics – we discussed measuring and publishing test pass rates and/or frequency of test runs. However Ian stated that in his opinion the main issue facing the community wrt quality is the length of time it is taking for test failures to get addressed. We agreed that we should seek to measure and publish stats on the elapsed times between test failure and fix on our various components. The idea would be to bring some focus at AWB level on community problem areas. Action: Ian to make a proposal for how to do this.