Re: [Wg-test-framework] Xen Project - AllNet Minutes from March 18th

> On Mar 20, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 15:43 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> The other two (cubietruck-{braque,picasso}) seem to have Ethernet issues
>> but I believe this relates to the boards (or firmware etc) and not the
>> wiring since it also happened when the crate was in Cambridge.
>
> Actually, the issue on braque is different to the one I'd seen before.
>
> Braque is failing to install Debian because it cannot talk to the proxy
> to download the packages, DNS is failing. It has downloaded quite a bit
> of stuff before this point. Logging in I find that a ping by IP address
> will loose packets for a while before it starts working.
>
> Things like the ARP table and IP config look fine and comparable to
> other cubietrucks.
>
> Paul (or Don), please could you check (or perhaps swap out for a known
> good one) the Ethernet cable for cubietruck-braque as a first step.

Ian,
All four of those cables and adaptors were tested end to end with a cable
tester and worked on the bench with the ARM crate.  I also tested them with a
loop back plug on my Debian laptop's serial port with picocom.

I don't think it is the cables.  I will have make some more straight through
adaptors to have something to swap with.

I can swap positions with one that is working on the Arendale side.  Tell me
which ones to swap we will at the COLO today.
Paul