Re: [Wg-test-framework] Minutes: Xen Project - Allnet sync ... April 1st 2014

Lars Kurth writes ("[Wg-test-framework] Minutes: Xen Project - Allnet sync ...
April 1st 2014"):
> == huxelrebe[01] remote BIOS access ==
> Don: reconfigured the machine with the issues; could not resolve
> Don: contacted supplier
> Ian: has not touched huxelrebe at all
>
> ACTION Paul: will chase
> ACTION Ian: verify whether huxelrebe0 actually works with AMT set-up
>
> * If huxelrebe0 can't be used with AMT, we may need a different approach
> entirely *

I have looked at the AMT web pages using the details provided by Don
and they do not include the BIOS configuration.  In particular,
missing are:
   * Options for enabling/disabling virtualisation, VT-D, etc.
   * Options for enabling/disabling network boot
   * More generally, boot order
   * AC Power loss/restore action
   * etc.

The page "System information" in the AMT says:
   BIOS

   Supported functions
   Serial services
which sounds like it might be intended to have remote access to the
BIOS.

I think in any case the supplier will have to advise.