[Wg-test-framework] Minutes: Xen Project - Allnet sync ... April 1st 2014

== Attendees ==
Lars Kurth
Ian Jackson
Paul George
Don Koch

== huxelrebe[01] remote BIOS access ==
Don: reconfigured the machine with the issues; could not resolve
Don: contacted supplier
Ian: has not touched huxelrebe at all

ACTION Paul: will chase
ACTION Ian: verify whether huxelrebe0 actually works with AMT set-up

* If huxelrebe0 can't be used with AMT, we may need a different approach entirely *

== rimava[01] ==
Paul: AMD servers should be in back in the rack with the new motherboard by Friday
Ian: Can you check whether Power ON Always and serial connection works

== oseleta[01] lengthy delay during boot (while still in BIOS) ==
Paul: Opened ticket with DELL, no response
Paul: Contains latest BIOS
Lars: Contacted Linux Foundation and waiting for a DELL contact

Ian: Suggests to give them the URL's with the issue description

ACTION Paul: add URLs to ticket

ACTION Paul to send Lars invoice and Paul to handle it

== Other loose ends ==

=== MS licenses ===
Lars has been looking at options for MS licensing, which is necessary to allow community members access to the COLO.
Most standard solutions, such as an MSDN subscription, non-profit deals, etc. do not look suitable

Lars has asked the LF for help and Steve Westmoreland is investigating with the LF's MS contact (still open, as the MS contact only just returned from vacation)

ACTION Lars to ping Steve Westmoreland from the LF

Backup options
#1: Drop windows tests entirely - from a capacity perspective this would be beneficial. But we expect that some AB members would not be happy with it
#2: Escalate to test WG/Advisory Board â in essence until this is resolve we cannot grant any access to the test COLO to people who do not have a personal MSDN license or are covered by any other means (e.g. a Citrix employee)

=== Linux bugs ===
Ian: several of our boxes have TG3 ethernet card (broadcom NICs)
Ian: Looks like a bug in the TG3 - will raise a ticket

* A broadcom "managerial" contact may help resolve this faster *