[Wg-test-framework] April 15 XenProject - Allnet Meeting

== Attendees ==

* Lars Kurth

* Don Koch

* Ian Jackson

* Paul George

== Updates ==

=== Huxelerebe ===

Don: Check Huxelrebe to see whether this works now

Don: Managed to get to the standard BIOS screen via normal VNC and another approach

Ian: That is what we beed

Don: Still does not work with RealVNC due to the different port set-up

Don: Will need to have IP addresses re-arranged

Don: The second machine doesn't have AMT properly set up and then will be configured like the other machine.

*Agreement: Ian will have a quick check whether this works and get back to Don and follow up on IRC. After Don sent details. *

Ian: can get in and see the BIOS screen on huxelrebe0

*Agreement: Don to get huxelrebe1 into the same state and hand over to *

=== Osoleta ===

Paul: George flashed the BIOS again

Ian: Expected that the BIOS was updated, but did't check that the right BIOS version was updated

Paul: Correct

*ACTION* George following up and hand over machine

George: Oseleta should be up by the end of today

George: New BIOS is booting faster

Ian: Should we still have a problem, Ian will investigate further

=== Rimava ===

Paul: Having difficulties sourcing the correct power supply - super micropower supply is designed for a tower rather than a 1U rack

Paul: Paul will report back, but it may be easier to get an entire 1U case with the power supply

Paul: Net difference will be $50-60

Paul: The issue we had was that we didn't have the correct power supply for the new motherboard we changed subsequently. We didn't know that the super micro ATX spec was different to the general ATX spec

Ian: How long will this take?

Paul: Expect that this is resolved by mid of next week - aka the machine will be in the COLO

Paul: Could be by the end of this week

=== AOB ===

Lars: blog post published at https://blog.xenproject.org/2015/04/15/introducing-xen-projects-new-test-lab/

Lars: Still waiting for best licensing approach from Microsoft - will ping again

Lars: do we still need a Dell contact?

Ian: don't chase it at this stage, because we may not need it, bit don't drop it

==== Driver and Storage Issues ====

Broadcom: was corresponding, who seemed to be competent. But it has gone quiet now.

Ian: do we have a direct broadcom contact?

Lars: No not from the server division - if we don't get anywhere in a week we can see whether the LF or someone else in the WG has a contact

Intel: Posted a bug report with no reply yet. Resent again a week later

Ian: May need to think about getting an Intel contact to help resolve this

*Agreement: let's give this another week, but inform Don Dugger of what we have done so far *