Re: [Wg-test-framework] Lenovo issue

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 06:40:20 -0400
Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Don Koch writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] Lenovo issue"):
> > I think I have part of huxelrebe1's AMT issue sorted out.
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
> Unfortunately, you changed the dhcp server's `domain-name' option,
> with global effect.  This broke all the tests.  See my other message.
>
> > As for DHCP service to these two, I assume we want to use the regular
> > dhcp server on infra, yes? Preferred IP addresses and names?
>
> You may recall that on the phone I suggested you just let them obtain
> an address automatically and use the dhcp server logs to find out what
> it is.  So I think there was no need to make any DHCP server or hosts
> file changes.
>
> The DNS and DHCP server configuration is now managed by my
> provisioning makefile in the ansible playbook repo and I would prefer
> not to add additional ad-hoc entries.
>
> I trust that when I provision the AMT interfaces in the DNS and DHCP
> server (changing the IP address offered by DHCP) AMT will pick up the
> new address ?
>
> > Right now, I have the AMT hostname on hux1 set to huxelrebe1a. It doesn't
> > like much longer names. I suspect a 12 character limit as I had tried
> > huxelrebe1amt and it complained when I tried to exit that screen. Infra's
> > dhcp server is handing it 172.16.144.250 per infra's hosts file.
>
> Maybe I have misunderstood.  I don't know why AMT's idea of its own
> hostname is relevant.
>
> Perhaps we should chat on IRC because it seems evident that I don't
> understand what's going on with AMT.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian.

Finally got huxelrebe1's AMT working. Just like its predecessor, it needed some
time
to vegetate before it would let me talk to it. This, I don't understand, but...

Paul, you can call off the dogs. At least, for now.

Ian, I turn these over to you. Let me know if you need me to perform further
beatings.

-d