From: Steve Westmoreland <swestmoreland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 9 June 2015 16:42
To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question re Windows VM Licensing : Need help

There has been. I apologize for not sharing it earlier.

Basically the MS rep acknowledged that this question caused pain internally because of the legacy licensing methods they utilize. Reworking it is in process but moving at the speed of glaciers.

That said, they acknowledged the MSDN subscriptions as the method of choice:

-This sounds like a big test dev environment? If that holds true, MSDN for every developer touching and using the software is all that is required.

-If none of those test/dev/QA instances are serving data or touching production data, MSDN should be all they need. Nothing really stuck out as out of place.

QA, testing and end users access for testing is not an issue.

So I believe we/us/you are covered and can certainly demonstrate good intention on finding an answer if anyone asks.

I hope all goes well with you and yours, talk to you soon.