Re: [Wg-test-framework] Inquiry from SoftIron.co.uk (SoftIron Overdrive 3000)

(Adding the Xen Project Test WG mailing list.)

Background for the list: We've been talking to SoftIron about getting
a couple of SoftIron Overdrive 3000 1U ARM64 servers for the colo.
All the technical details seem good.

We like to have machines in (at least) pairs, because that makes it
much easier to distinguish hardware failures from host-specific
software bugs.  Also, given that these will be our only arm64-capable
machines, having a spare would be essential.

Lars, do we have another possible vendor in the pipeline too ?  I
think an architecture tested in our colo only two hosts is possibly on
rather thin ice.  Obviously having two is better than none, and if
there is some problem we could degrade back to the situation where we
had none, but it would be nice to have more than two.

This is especially true given that these now boxes are hosts which we
might want to do some 32-bit testing on too, even if only of 32-bit
guests, so we test 32-on-64.

AFAICT from our records we have 6U spare in the rack.  I wouldn't want
to use all of it and in any case one of the spaces is inaccessible due
to other equipment.  But 3 (if identical) or 4 (if not) ARM64 boxes
would be nice.

Also, Lars, you'll want to think about money :-).

Thanks,