Re: [Wg-test-framework] ThunderX machines (for the Xen Project OSSTEST Test Lab)

Steve,

can you get some of your technical staff to have a discussion with Ian Jackson and Julien Grall before the board meeting next Tuesday, such that all open questions are resolved?

The 16 or 32GB Ian suggested is a pretty small footprint.  With 4 memory controllers, we recommend 8 x 8G DIMMS per CPU.

> We can configure with an inexpensive disk and load with Ubuntu 16.04.

The machines are going to be used for testing the Xen Project Hypervisor. The profile of our test machines are typically rather different from machines in production, as we normally run a number of low level and integration tests which do not require a lot of memory and diskspace. What we do is very similar to test suites that are run for Operating Systems.

The reason why we are looking at a dual socket machine, is because the Thunder X is the first 64 bit ARM dual socket machine on the market.

Best Regards
Lars