[Wg-test-framework] Openstack WG Meeting, July 26, 2017

@George, @Julien: I had an action to ask some questions (see end of mail)

WG OpenStack
============

Attendees
=========
Lars Kurth (chair)
Joao Martins (Oracle)
Jim Fehlig (Susie)
Anthony PERARD (Citrix)

Agenda
======

Updates
--------
OSSTEST Tempest patches : still in progress
Note: Ian is OO for most of August
Last version sent yesterday see
https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/threads.html#02458
This series exposes individual tests rather than the entire Tempest suite
as now

ACTION: please comment on, if you can

Jim: test libvirt domXML
------------------------
> How can we make progress on the work to test libvirt domXML to
>libxl_domain_config conversions?
> The tests are a desired prerequisite for other work such as specifying
>CPUID.
Tried to get tests into Libvirt test master
Taken many approaches over 2 years, posted patches
Not enough comments: Reworked stuff after some comments, reposted, but
there was never enough momentum to get this resolved

Jim: This really needs to get tested.

Joao: Series to implement CPUID from Invisible Things Labs: has some tests
based on last version of this series

Jim: Before adding more code to conversion process we should get the
series upstreamed

NEED: people to give feedback to get this in
Joao: suggested to Marek from ITL to rebase. Joao wasn't aware to this
series was stuck

ACTION: Jim to refresh last attempt and re-post and CC Joao and Marek from
ITL
(note Marek appears to be on vacation)

> Has there been any effort to support Xen+libvirt+OpenStack on ARM? I've
>not heard requests nor plan to
> work on it, just curious if it has been considered/investigated.

Jim: Issues on HP Moonshot M400 ARM and was generally interested in this
combo

ACTION: Activity in Linaro (Lars to check with Julien)
ACTION: Lots of activity in CentOS on ARM - but don't know of the baseline
(Lars to check with George)
CentOS has been using Xen (CentOS Sigvirt)+libvirt+OpenStack on ARM64 for
demos. But we never could find a full-time maintainer for Xen (CentOS
Sigvirt) on ARM, which is why this has not progressed

ACTION: Lars to check whether OnApp uses Libvirt + OpenStack (contact:
Julien Chesterfield) - also add links to press/recordings

Lars: When we have enough reliable ARM64 capacity, we would also run
Tempest on ARM via libvirt in OSSTEST

AOB
None