[Wg-test-framework] Minutes from Sept 7 Xen Project - Credativ meeting

I think I captured most of it. Feel free to correct where I got things wrong
Lars

== Minutes of call ==

Felix Geyer
Peter Dreuw
Lars Kurth
Yogesh Patel
Ian Jackson
Joop Boonen

== Agenda/Discussion ==
77635   Migrating Xen Project websites from http to https
DO NOT DISCUSS TODAU

87213   Hardware for Xen Project Test Lab 2nd rack
CLOSE.
Yogi: Have a few cables that may need to be gotten

90193   ansible playbook help for test-lab
Felix: has not gotten round to it due to holidays
Ian: Would be nice to have a readme to add a new user
Ian: Have a new requirement. Xudong from Intel has a Windows box on his desk.
Didn't want root access. Ad-hoc created a shell account in Newcastle. Ian will
write up what's needed in the ticket
Ian: Before we merge deploy it, we have to incorporate all the mainline changes
(e.g. new ssh keys)

92394   laxton0/1 totally failed
Yogi: Machines have been sent back 3 weeks ago (were delivered on Aug 25th)
Yogi: A week or to back we asked for an update
ACTION Lars: to escalate through back-channel via ARM (they had them for a week
and a half)
ACTION Lars: to talk about use/don't catch fire jumper with SUSE
Leave the ticket open

93064   Rack2 Hardware Install
95442   Please configure switch in rack2
Ian: not sure what the outstanding items are
Yogi: Switch config - wired it, but not sure whether trunk config has been done
Joop: not yet done, because I can't reach it yet. Can only configure IP address
and password
Ian: Physical link between 2 switches is set up. You should be able to get on
via serial connection on switch 2 and configure it correctly. Then can enable
port on switch 1
Joop: Switches can only be managed via web interface.
Ian: mentioned 48
Yogi: Rigth now CAT 6 cable
Ian: want reasonably
Yogi: will have to order SSP and use trunk over fibre
Ian: we will go with what we have for now
** Agreed **
ACTION: Yogi will order what is needed
Ian: will we have config backup issues
Joop: Possibly
Ian: if we can't back it up, we could consider changing the switch
Joop: New model of switch
ACTION: Joop will investigate and get back

ACTION: Yogi to document port of second switch and enable it such that Joop is
not blocked

Yogi: Have to solve serial2 issue
Ian: Can I change IP addresses
Yogi: Yes

92957   RT for security@xenproject configuration changes
Ian: explaining how the list work
* An org emails us a request.
* Other people don't reply to such a request
* The mail is distributed to the security team
* We then have an internal discussion
* After the discussion we will reply : via 1 email. Usually we close the ticket

We don't mind whether the internal discussion is on the RT system. Having it in
RT is useful, if there is no chance of leaking. Shouldn't go back to the
originator. Probably it is easier, if we don't have internal discussions to the
ticket.

Don't mind what the mail headers look like from the POV from the receiver (the
person who sent the mail)

ACTION: Ian will send a workflow description - will add it to the creative
ticket

93387   rochester[01] internal switch vlan config
Ian: Have some transceiver problem
Yogi: Has to be an HP transceiver
Yogi: Need to purchase two transceiver
Ian: If HP don't want to help us. Do we have a plan b
Yogi: Yes, we may be able to get them from

95443   Please install OS etc. on middlesborough
95444   Please install OS on serial2
Ian: Do you have all info
Joop: I have
Yogi: Can install OS, after Joop lets Yogi know what OS he wants
Joop: who assigns IP address
Ian: I, it has been assigned in file master.net in the anssible playbook
Ian: checks 245 - not actually assigned to the switch => Ian will do it
Ian: confused about VLAN?
Joop: Only one is needed, in infrastructure VLAN
Ian: can you use 250 and Ian will write it down in the allocation
Joop: PDU 3 and 4 also need IP addresses
Ian: Will assign those
Joop: Is there extra config needed on the PDUs?
Ian: Will leave them as they are for now
Ian: Someone will have to connect the PDUs => Ian will file a ticket
* Had a discussion about passwords. Joop confirmed these work *

95649   want mail.xenproject.org aliasfile to smash envelope sender
Joop: can only check whether there are mails in the mail box
Ian: we can delete them
Joop: is this a local mailbox
Ian: Yes. If something went wrong, we know because something is in the mailbox
Ian: after the problem is fixed, it would have to be manually deleted
Joop: can handle that

== AOB ==
Nothing