Re: [win-pv-devel] Problems with xenvbd

Il 07/09/2015 11:26, Paul Durrant ha scritto:
Fabio,

   Can you confirm that you don't see any problem if you use standard IDE
emulated disks? I certainly don't.

   Paul
WIth ide instead ahci was with same results but about udev problem now seems I found the cause, seems the dom0 kernel. With kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 version 3.2.68-1+deb7u3 (from wheezy repository) don't works without udev file, with 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 version 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3~bpo70+1 works. Initially new pv drivers was with network not working with kernel <3.14 but after seems was solved (I don't know the exactly commit) but seems that xen without udev file a newer kernel is still needed. With 3.16 kernel I had other problems instead, for example with balloning (even if should not be used). With second test with kernel 3.16 I tried to remove a workaround of balloning problem (dom0_mem=2G,max:3G in grub.cfg instead dom0_mem=2G,max:2G), I nomore saw kern.log spam but W7 domU crashed at boot. Another strange things is even if with trace enabled don't show pv drivers debug lines with 3.16 kernel (on older tests with 3.16 did if I remember good)
In attachment the windows minidump.
I'm going crazy with these too many problems and haven't time to do all useful tests :( Can you advice me about more useful tests for try to found/solve these problems?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.