[win-pv-devel] xe not shutting down WinXP

  • To: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:43:59 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:44:18 +0000

I downloaded the drivers from here[1]

Running the installer, I only selected shutdownmon.exe, I didn't choose
to install any of the individual PV drivers for block devices, network,
etc.  Does shutdownmon.exe depend on any of them?

shutdownmon is running in a WinXP domU, I checked the list of services
and it confirms it is running, I also tried running it in the foreground
and it appears to run.

On the dom0, attempts to shutdown the domU fail:

xe vm-shutdown name-label=winxp1
You attempted an operation on a VM which requires PV drivers to be
installed but the drivers were not detected.
vm: 7c74d2cd-b7b1-44ec-ab3e-56047be12fab (winxp1)

Do I need a different version of the drivers for WinXP?  Is there some
dependency missing?  Do I need to make any config change in the dom0 to
support this?  How can I troubleshoot further?

dom0 is Debian running XCP / XenServer 4.1

Regards,

Daniel

1. http://wiki.univention.de/index.php?title=Installing-signed-GPLPV-drivers