Re: [win-pv-devel] XENNET,XENVIF and 128 vCPUs

Hi Eytan,

  That’s daring of you J

  The 8.1 PV drivers should all be processor group aware (which is what you need for anything more than 64 logical CPUs in Windows) but you’re pushing the boundaries of Xen’s HVM support there so I’m actually pleased to hear that you can even boot the guest at all! What version of Windows are you using?

  The network drivers are multi-queue aware and will attempt to create a queue for each vCPU. I don’t know what backend AWS uses but, if it is multi-queue aware and not limiting to a lower number of queues then I imagine it’s likely the guest is exceeding its xenstore quota. I suggest you try using the registry override in XENVIF to limit the number of queues the frontend tries to create: create a REG_DWORD called ‘FrontendMaxQueues’ under HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/XENVIF/Parameters and set it to something small-ish, e.g. 8.

  Cheers,

    Paul