Re: [win-pv-devel] Problems with network using 8.2.0.x on Windows 2012R2 and Xen 4.8.1-pre

Hi Adam,

No, there shouldn't be any downside other than the extra pages used.

> 2) I was concerned that limiting the blkback might slow down the
> performance of that. I don't mind allocating additional RAM to solve
> problems, or to improve performance.

In practice I suspect that, unless you have a really really fast SSD or a
ramdisk, then using a single page ring in blkback is not going to make a
noticeable difference to your performance.

> 3) If I tried to start multiple domU's on this same dom0, would I end up
> running out, even though I've increased it? Would I run out when trying
> to start the 4th domU?

No, the grant table is per-domain so each domU will get 128 frames... there's
no contention between domains in this respect.

Cheers,

  Paul