Re: [win-pv-devel] Register new pci-device-reservation for XCP-ng Project

Hi,

  That's good news. Great to have you on board.

> As I can read in the reservations table there was very little use of it
> in the last years ;-)
>
> We wanted to use the range 0x0003 for "XCP-ng". Is there any reason not
> to do so?
>
> Thanks for your help and sugestions!

  I think it would probably be better if you took a range. It's not in writing
but I think other things have played with those low numbered device ids in the
past so probably best to avoid them. Would you be ok with the next range of
0x100 above XenClient, i.e. 0xc200-0xc2ff? If so, then please upstream a patch
to the source document (xen.git:docs/man/xen-pci-device-reservations.pod.7)
adding the appropriate line and once it's committed you are good to go.

  Cheers,

    Paul