Re: [Xen-API] Python bindings question

  • To: "Thomas Moyer" <tmmoyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Henning Sprang" <henning.sprang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:00:28 +0200
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:00:48 -0700

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Thomas Moyer <tmmoyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any sort of documentation on the use of the Xen API in python.  The
> examples I found in the Xen Management API  document (version 1.0.1) didn't
> work.

I didn't look at it for ages, but yes, there are not many working code
samples, and I saw even XenSource employees(yes, it's a while ago :) )
showing sample code  in presenations on conferences that didn't even
work, because I knew I tested it some days before :)

I've made a small sample once, but never got deeper into it:
http://xen-info.de/wiki/moin.cgi/XenAPI

(apart from that, if you'd posted the error message, one could check
if something else but the code is wrong :) )

In general, I think this list here is nearly dead, but I remember I
saw some work going on in discussion further work on the XenAPI, and
probably a redefinition.  I believe the libvirt is a good way to go -
not that I really use it in actual project yet, but  it seems pretty
well supported, stable and documented, and you're not locked into a
single virtualization technology when using it.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang
http://www.sprang.de | http://lazyb0y.blogspot.com/