[Xen-API] No able to extract Citrix Xen 'VCPU Priority' weight and 'CPU Cap ' using python API

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Sane, Abhijeet" <Abhijeet_Sane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:30:27 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 06:30:46 -0700

Hi ,

I am trying to extract the 'VCPU Priority Weight' and 'CPU Cap' that are set to
a Citrix DomU (VM) using the python API.

The xe command line shows the following output

-bash-3.2#  xe vm-param-get  uuid=f31d8439-96dc-3d5b-716e-319e6d7b0d1c
param-name=VCPUs-params
cap: 80; mask: 5,6; weight: 1024

I am unable to get these values using the Citrix Xen Python API.

The python code snippet look like the following

<code snippet>
                for vm in all:
                        try:
                                record = session.xenapi.VM.get_record(vm)
                                if  not record["is_control_domain"] and  not
record["is_a_template"] and record["resident_on"]:
                                        vm_metrics = record["metrics"]
                                        vm_metric =
session.xenapi.VM_metrics.get_record(vm_metrics)
                                        try:
                                                hash =
vm_metric["VCPUs_params"]
                                                print "Weight " ,
hash["weight"] , "CAP" ,  hash["cap"] , "Mask",  hash["mask"]
                                        except Exception ,em:
                                                print em

</code snippet>

Al I  get is a exception and absolutely no data..
I think I am looking at the wrong class or doing something wrong.

Please guide.

Abhijeet