Re: [Xen-API] New Xen.org Community Manager

  • To: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 06:31:50 +0300
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:31:24 -0800

Good day.

Well, about Russian translation for wiki I can say one thing: better
English than that Russian (I think anyway English is essential to read
xen documentation - to be priestly - fragments of documentation, so we
can freely throw away wiki translation).

Some samples of incorrect russian translation:

Attachment translated as 'ÐÑÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÑ' (reverse translation is
'application') instead 'ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÑ' (something that put inside, attached).

In attachment list first action named as 'ÐÐÑÑÑ' (I can even image what
it was in original), from russian it translate as 'take away'.

'Clear cache' translated as 'ÑÐÑÐÑÑ ÐÐ ÐÐÑÐ' (take way from cache).

Lexically incorrect phrase 'ÐÑÐÐÑ ÑÐÐÐÐÑÑ ÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÑ ÐÐÐ ÐÐÑÑÑÐÐÐÐÐÑÑ
ÐÐÑÐÐÑ ÑÐÑÐÐÑ ÑÑÑÐÐÐÑÐ' (word translated correctly but put together in
strange form and order).

One more: almost half of text is non-translated, so i looks something
like this sometimes: If want to re-login, just use ÐÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÑ and ÐÐÑÐÐÑ
and click on ÐÐÐÑÐ.

So, I think there is no need for interface localization (many efforts
with little payback) and it can be (at least, for Russian) simply left
English, this will be much easily compare to samples above.

Ð ÐÑÐ, 19/12/2010 Ð 21:48 -0500, Todd Deshane ÐÐÑÐÑ: