Re: [Xen-API] Alternative to Vastsky?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Nomen Nescio <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:05:43 +0000 (UTC)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 04:06:43 -0700

> > Than you for reply about two iscsi target for same drbd... I have a
> > little doubts about data consistency due iscsi queue...
>
> I never had a problem, probably because it was setup for fail-over not
> performance. I would be inclined to agree with you.

I can confirm this only works for failover and even there the caching on the
initiator, especialling when handled by hardware HBA's, can leave you with
filesystem corruption.
As a sidenote, when combining Xen with DRBD, I would strongly suggest disabling
sendpage for DRBD if you like your kernels not to crash one after the other ;-)

Cheers,

Ludo