Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] New name for Kronos? [was XCP 1.5 availability]

Not exactly.

Kronos is not a product, a toolstack, a piece of software or anything else.
Kronos is just the name of the project to port the xapi toolstack from XCP to
other linux distros, starting with Debian.
IMHO the label Kronos does not belong in any package name.

I also think xcp does not belong in package names - too bad about the already
released packages.
The way I see it XCP is just a linux distro, based on CentOS, with some unusual
default packages installed.
XCP INCLUDES the xapi toolstack but neither one IS the other.
The xcp- prefix on the existing unstable packages does serve to group the
related tools together though - so I suppose it adds some value.

The current state of Xen/XenServer/XCP/... is unfortunately alphabet soup. But
once you do a little bit of reading to see how it all fits together, it makes
enough sense not to change any of it.
A better use of peoples' energy might be to improve the documentation somewhat
- particularly in so far as the xapi toolstack (as shipped by the Kronos
project) differs from that found in XCP and XenServer.

My $0.05. (inflation)

Dave