Re: [Xen-API] Question about CrossPoolMigration-v3

Hi,

(I've re-added the mailing list)

Ruijin Zhou wrote:
> Thank you Dave. This is very helpful.
>
> I think my goal is simpler. I just want to migrate the storage without
> moving the memory and VCPU info. In other words, I don't need to
> bother the original live migration code.
>
> In my case, I just need to move the disk image file of one VM from one
> directory (SAN1) to new directory (SAN2). Then, I change the disk
> handler (in libxl library) of that VM to points to the new image file.
> I will also handle the dirty block during the image moving in block
> drivers (block-aio.c).
>
> I don't know whether I miss anything or not. Would you please share
> some opinions?

That sounds ok to me. If you use blktap2 to talk to the storage, then you will
only have to tell xl/libxl the path to the generic blktap2 block device. You
can use the 'tap-ctl' command to redirect the blktap2 device to your new image
file, without having to tell xl/libxl anything.

Cheers,
Dave