Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.1 and the DVD CPU Usage Bug in XenServer 5.6

Hi,

A simpler solution might be to disable the cdrommon service ('service cdrommon
stop' and then 'chkconfig --del cdrommon' - I'm not totally sure about the
command line, it's worth checking the man page)

IIRC cdrommon monitors the states (tray empty, tray full) of the physical CDROM
drives of the host, passing through state changes to any interested VMs. If you
aren't using physical CDs from guests then it doesn't perform any useful
function. If you take a look at the file 'cdrommon.ml' in the github repo,
you'll see how simple it is.

Cheers,
--
Dave Scott