Re: [Xen-API] coalescing and oomkiller

Hi,

I think I am experiencing the bug reference in CTX131673
(http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX131673 oomkiller because of memory
leaks in vhd-util when coalescing). The servers experiencing the issue
are xcp 1.0.0-42052. Those servers are pool members with shared iscsi
storage.

The advisory specify it applies to Xenserver 6. Can it be that it also
apply to XCP 1.0? The patch seems to come as source code. Can it be
compiled and applied to XCP as well?

since that vhd chain meltdown, I've exported all vms, format the SR, do a fresh xcp 1.1 install on the 3 nodes and re-imported all vms. The SAN has been very busy overnight, but everything is back to normal.

For the time being I'll try to avoid snapshotting in order to avoid coalescing and wait for XCP 1.5.

By the way, I was puzzled by the timeline for this issue : the hotfix for this bug went out on march 10th 2012, while it was checked in in github on december 9th, and the hotfix source code itself is dated on december 6th...

Thanks,

Denis

Thanks,

Denis