Re: [Xen-API] This maillist status (xen-api@)

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 11:44:07 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 May 2012 18:44:23 +0000

I just talked to Mike McClurg the XCP project lead, regarding this list. So it appears that xen-api@ is already largely used for XCP user questions as well as questions on the usage of XAPI.

So I see no strong reason to not rename the list to xcp-users, or xcp_and_xapi-users or something similar. Technically this should be possible, although there will be an impact to list users in that mail filters would break. It would also drive xcp user traffic which also happens today in xen-users to this list. The Q&A system described below, would exist in parallel.

Please let me know your views. My proposal going forward is to
a) continue the informal discussion started by this thread for a little longer
b) make a proposal and then have a vote
c) implement changes, including correcting the information on the wiki and the xen site

Regards
Lars