Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.0 and openvswitch problem high memory

Nycko <nyckopro@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nycko <nyckopro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Hello, I have a problem with XCP 1.0. In recent weeks I saw very
>>> resource openvswitch cpu and memory, no memory. At point (after a
>>> while, less than a week) reaches the limit (512) and also begins to
>>> swap out the point of leaving inoperative the real host and hence
>>> their virtual machines. Everything returns to normal when I restart
>>> the daemon (/ etc / init.d / openvswitch) but I can not be doing it
>>> all the time. Someone can give me some tips to keep looking?
>>
>> What version of OVS is this?
>
> ovs-vswitchd (Open vSwitch) 1.0.2
> Compiled Feb  7 2011 17:28:48
> OpenFlow versions 0x1:0x1

1.0.2 is an antique.  I can't recommend that anyone use it any
longer.

I don't remember this specific problem, although it's almost
certainly a memory leak.

Presumably newer versions of XCP are using newer versions of OVS
as well.  I hope so.