[Xen-API] FreeBSD on XenCloud

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre <egoitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 16:09:32 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:09:43 +0000

Hi all,

Just for confirming it… I have been taking a look at XenServerTools and the
script's code and so… and after looking how Xen works with FreeBSD (which seems
to be pretty happy with XENHVM 64 bit kernel just it unless in Xen4)… I have
determined that basically the XenCloud and XenServer should have something to
block the machine movement, snapshot and this kind of features basically from
Xen… because for example the machine suspend/resume works out of the box with
the XENHVM kernel and a Xen 4 host kernel. Perhaps can be an XML in where you
have a variable or whatever, wherever that allows or blocks to Xen API
(Xencenter) doing this kind of features?. I got of course xenstore-* working
apparently fine in FreeBSD domU.

Could anyone please give me an idea??.

Thanks a lot for you're time.
Best regards