Re: [Xen-API] support cycle for xcp

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:16:38 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 13:16:51 +0000

09.10.2012 16:13, Mike McClurg ÐÐÑÐÑ:
Note that I am not saying that Citrix will provide commercial support for XCP. Mike

And I'd like to say you loosing serious money here.

We're not using XenServer because it closed source (no way to normally adopt it to our environment). We using XCP for business and we've done may modification to dom0 and surrounding. And we have some troubles with XCP and gladly sign contract for support it.

And this is separate market for Citrix: XenServer for enterprise users which wants virtualization solution 'out of box' and XCP is framework for ISP to tune it for public clouds... If it will become commercial product with open source it will make VMWare shiver a bit more.