[Xen-API] Anyway to migrate my VM from Xen xl to XCP?

  • To: Xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lingfeng Xiong <jilingshu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:25:01 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 05:25:16 +0000

Hi all,

I am running a Ubuntu Server with Xen 4.1 installed. All VMs are running on that server with one or more virtual disks stored in qcow2 format. These VMs are managed by 'xl' toolstack. One VM is Windows in HVM modes and others are PV VMs. The qcow2 file just contains the root filesystem and has no partition structures.

Now I installed a new server with XCP 1.6. I have to migrate all VMs from old server to XCP with all data.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks in advanced!