[Xen-API] Disaster Recovery of Xen XCP.

  • To: "Xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James <jgreenlee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:11:52 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:12:44 +0000

Over the past couple of weeks I've installed XCP onto a USB stick and have
built up my virtual data-center.  Now it would appear that the USB stick is
failing and I would like to recover rather than rebuild.

The good:
This first showed up last night and I was able to shut down my VMs (at least
partially) and power cycle the server to get XCP back up and running.
Also good (I think) all of the VMs and their related storage is hosted from a
hardware RAID controller.

Whether I install another USB stick or use a normal hard drive, the issue is
the same:

How do I get my VM's recognized on a new install of XCP?

If I recall correctly, when I created the RAID array as a storage repository
for XCP, it warned me that all contents would be lost.  However I don't think I
need to "create" the SR...I just need to "import" the SR and then "import" the
VM's.

With that in mind...Surely there's an "export" option somewhere in XCP??

Thanks,

James