Re: [Xen-API] xe sr-create failed

On 30/01/13 19:55, Brian Menges wrote:
BLAH!!!!

I forgot the host-uuid portion of the api call.  Seems it defaulted
to the master host, instead of the local host. Really wish that the
message was a little more helpful; considering that host-uuid is an
optional parameter to this command.

Wow, that is an embarrassingly bad error message! I'll file a bug for this. Perhaps if shared=false, then a host identifier should be required? I just checked the code, and this is definitely a problem in the CLI, which just blindly defaults to the pool master if host-uuid isn't found.

And yes, you would expect that calling a command on a particular slave would execute the command on that slave, but it really just passes the command on to the master.

Mike