[Xen-API] xcp-xapi bonding

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Carlos Reategui <carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 00:46:39 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 08:46:54 +0000

Hi I am using xcp-xapi on ubuntu 12.04 and I am a bit confused about the networking.  Most if not all the stuff I have found online instruct one to set up the network via the OS standard /etc/network/interfaces.  The howtos have one set up the xenbr bridges there.

In my setup xe network-list and xe pif-list are now inconsistent with interfaces file and I think this is what is causing me some issues.  I have 4 nics and I am creating 2 separate bonds and then bridging them to xenbr0 and 1. One for nfs access to my primary storage and the other for all the other vm traffic.  The bonds work great on the host but the VMs that start up are having networking issues.  This was all setup in the interfaces file and I have not done anything network related with xe which I think is my problem because xe network lists xenbr0-3 linked to eth0-3 instead of xenbr0 and 1 linked to bond0 and 1.

Any pointers as to the right way to do this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Carlos