Re: [Xen-API] Please review: Xapi Project roadmap

Hi All,

On 22 June 2013 19:45, Rushikesh Jadhav <2rushikeshj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mike,

[...]

Is it on roadmap to merge the Xenserver XAPI and XCP XAPI ? ( & provide close source components in extra rpms )

http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/repo/xcp-1.6.10/  has not been update from long time so XCP users have no other option than to rely on Xenserver Hotfix.

It seems that the Xenserver has started to follow XCP rpm version numbers for hypervisor (...1.6.10...) & core components but is it planned to be kept always like this ?

This topic is very interesting to me too. It's not clear to me - at this stage - what are the plans for XCP (1.6) and how and when the fixes from XenServer will be integrated.
To be completely honest we'll soon start working with Xen here to build a new installation, and even though today my choice would be to go with XCP, I'm a bit afraid that it's not going to get proper followup in terms of security and bug fixes.

In the roadmap it's mentioned that there will be a new release of XCP - 1.7? - when the new version of XenServer will be released, what are the current plans for XCP 1.6?

Thanks