Re: [Xen-API] www.xenserver.org vs XCP

  • To: "Xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Bulpin <James.Bulpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:10:18 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:10:28 +0000

Don’t worry – DMC is still free, as is HA and everything else. One of the big things that happened with merging XCP, XenServer Free, XenServer Platinum etc. is that there is now only one edition, “Citrix XenServer”, and everyone gets the same feature set regardless of whether they pay Citrix and money or not. See the new XenServer 6.2 “matrix” (it’s only got one column!) at http://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/products-solutions/citrix-xenserver-core-feature-matrix.pdf

Regards,

James