[Xen-API] switches for XCP in High Avaibility

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Joseph-Andre Guaragna <joseph-andre@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:42:14 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:42:28 +0000

Hi,

We came accros some network issues on our infrastructure when we
implemented a two node XCP with an ISCI target. We were using standard
switches (dlink), and got into troulble when our VMs (3) migrate from
one XCP to the other. The vms after a while were filling the XCP log
with I/O errors.

I wonder if any of you encountered this problems. A network told me to
increase mtu to 9k (jumbo frames) in order to reduce network traffic
and activate some kind of storm braodcast limitation( not stp ). If
somebody came accrossed this kind of problems, didi this this kind of
solutions solve their troubles of it was something else.

 I am probably to vague in my description, and can give anymore
detailled on our situation. I am stuck for a week now, woth a problem
arriving randomly (hevay load troublen, standard flawless).

Thanks for your help, Joseph