[Xen-API] ISCSI fail over VM hangs

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Joseph-Andre Guaragna <joseph-andre@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:52:26 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:52:40 +0000

Hi,

We are currently running   a two node cluster on pacemaker + drbd in
orfer to offer a HA ISCSI target.

We cam accros some trouble when migrating the ISCSI target from one to
the other. The write in the VM stops and after 120 seconds we just get
lots IO errors.

I went on the XCP to look for information an iscsi session. It was
still active and looged in. I supposed we have problem with the ISCSI
layer wether on the initiator/target  side (need tweak for taking into
account fail over) or it is a completer diffÃrent problem such as
network issues.

I like to know how to troubleshoot the problem in order to identify
the right cause.

thanks in advance for your help,

   Joseph