Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] LiveStorageMigration Error "The attempt to mark the VDI as hidden failed "

  • To: Thomas Plant | Limitis <Thomas.Plant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Thanos Makatos <thanos.makatos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:42:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:42:37 +0000

(That's a XenServer-specific error, dropping xen-users and CCing xen-api)

We've seen such an error before and it had to do with marking the source VDI as
delete-able. The cause was a race condition with the GC/cleanup daemon.

If you say that the VM is running on the destination, you can check
/var/log/SMlog and ensure that the VDI for which the error was raised is the
VM's VDI on the source host. If this is the case everything should be OK.