[Xen-API] Adding servers to a pool on 6.2 gives v6d license error

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Nathan March <nathan@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:11:04 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 22:11:29 +0000

Hi All,

I've got 3 brand new 6.2 (xcp mode) servers installed, created a pool with one of them and it worked fine but on trying to add any of the other servers I run into:

> There was a problem with the license daemon (v6d). Is it running?

Asides from the base install, I haven't done any configuration to these nodes so not sure why this is popping up. There's multiple people on the citrix forums posting about the same problem with no solutions:

http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=332339&tstart=135
http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=332355&tstart=0

Anyone know what the solution is for this? I've run into it on upgrade of an existing cluster as well, but this is a completely fresh setup...

Thanks!

- Nathan