Re: [Xen-API] ceph: No SR locations that can support this disk

Hi,

[cc:d xs-devel]

On 03/09/13 09:47, Guillaume Thouvenin wrote:
Hello,

I followed
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Ceph_and_libvirt_technology_preview and
I created a SR backed on ceph. When I create a VM through Xencenter, I
cannot change the size of the disk. The installer proposes a disk of 8Go
by default and when I edit the disk I have a message "No SR locations
that can support this disk".

I'm not exactly sure what's causing this. If you select the SR can you see the size / free space reported anywhere in XenCenter?

If I keep a size of 8Go the disk is well created on Ceph:

  # xe vdi-list
  uuid ( RO)                : 8348adf1-3f75-308f-16e9-8a12e31a3936
          name-label ( RW): raringvm1 0

  appears as:

  # rados --keyring=/etc/ceph/keyring --id xen -p xen ls
  .img.rbd

I don't know how name is managed between the name of the disk in Xen and
the name that we see in Ceph but .img.rbd corresponds to "rarginvm1 0"
that is the name provided by default by the template.

I think we quite often create VDIs with empty names. This should work but is unnecessarily confusing -- we should try to base the disk names on the name of the VM in future :)

I tried to create a disk directly with the CLI and it works:

# xe vdi-create sr-uuid=86dd53ff-0cbb-200c-e12d-dfd8d3336c89 type=user
virtual-size=3000000 name-label="itisatest"
022abcd4-e01e-3f49-85d7-d0699628978b

# rados --keyring=/etc/ceph/keyring --id xen -p xen ls
itisatest.img.rbd

Any idea why I can not modify the size of the disk of my VM ?

I would recommend removing the existing disk from the VM (via XenCenter or the CLI) and then using the CLI command

  xe vm-disk-add sr-uuid=...

This should allow you to select any size you like.

Cheers,
Dave