Re: [Xen-API] Is XenServer 6.2 as Broken as it Seems?

We installed 64GB SSDs in each of the four nodes, however we are only using one on the hosts running XenServer. We needed to be able to install Intel dual-port X540 10GbE NICs, so we bought the model without RAID or IB.

We are running Hyper-V on two of the nodes for VDI and the onboard fake RAID works under Hyper-V (but not with XenServer, AFAIK).

They're just boot drives, but we would love to have some cheap mirroring option under XenServer too. Maybe I'll figure out some easy (dd) backup (image) function...

If you are looking at the Twin2 stuff, be careful about choosing between the various models:

  * max RAM
  * LSI RAID
  * add-on card limitations

If I had it to do over again, for hosting flexibility, I might not have gone with the 2U Twin2. For hosting, I wish I had 8 NICs each...

...and I still haven't gotten past the kernel panic with Hotfix XS62E004. 8-(