[Xen-API] Guidelines contributing to XAPI codebase

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ranjeet R <rranjeet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:44:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:44:37 +0000

Hello all

We have a bunch of code changes we want to submit to XAPI so that it natively supports our data path implementation (Contrail vRouter) – which is similar to OVS (More information in http://opencontrail.org/)

We would like to understand the following
  • What is the repo to which we have to submit the changes? (https://github.com/xapi-project/ ??)
  • What is the recommended development environment for XAPI developers out there? How do they build and test the code.

Sorry if this information is already available, just that I was not able to get to it.

Ranjeet