Re: [Xen-API] XenMotion does not work without tools

On 03/20/2014 04:04 PM, Rishi wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks George, Got it working by doing below

dom=46
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MajorVersion "6"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MinorVersion "2"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MicroVersion "0"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/Installed "1"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/BuildVersion "70446"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/data/updated 1

These settings wont persists between reboots, anyone has idea to make them persistent ?

those settings is not persistent between reboots and even domain migration. Due implementation there no way to make them persistent. But I don't know why citrix is still keeping check in xenapi service.

In our system those settings are applied by special service before domain migration and after domain boot.