Re: [Xen-API] Proposal to change committers for the XAPI Project

On 15/05/14 10:19, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> This isn't intended to affect the voting, but I would note that it's slightly
> odd for an open-source project to switch its committers in such a big sweep
> without at least some discussion about how this affects the overall project
> direction.
The thing is, this isn't a change in committers in reality - it's replacing a
wrong list of committers with a more accurate one.

> It would be really nice (from my perspective as an interested outsider) to
> see a short introduction e-mail from the new committers, and a brief outline
> of what they have worked in the past and the areas of Xapi that they plan to
> improve.

I joined Citrix in September 2010 as part of the XenServer Ring3 team. As Simon
Beaumont mentioned, I recently worked on toolstack support for vGPU with
NVIDIA's GRID cards. I'm continuing to work with NVIDIA to improve integration
with current and future GPU hardware.

I've also been working on a library to simplify transmission of RRD data (i.e.
performance metrics) between domains [1], and integrating this with the RRD
daemon's plugin library [2].

John

[1] https://github.com/xapi-project/rrd-transport/
[2] https://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-rrdd-plugin/tree/xenostats