Re: [Xen-API] Intel CQM feature enabling in XenAPI

  • To: "Ren, Qiaowei" <qiaowei.ren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Bob Ball <bob.ball@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:36:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Deferred-delivery: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:35:00 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:36:37 +0000

Hi Qiaowei,

> For question 1, I can clone XenAPI master to change it, and then compress it
> .tar.gz to replace that in buildroot. I notice buildroot will re-build with
> this
> updated .tar.gz. :) So I guess it will solve how to add patch to latest XenAPI
> and test it.

That's a good way to do it.  There is some syntax you can use but I'm not sure
what it is...

> For question 2, I notice that according to SPEC files there are a lot of place
> where require xen- package in CentOS system, like ocaml-xen-lowlevel-
> libs.spec and xenopsd.spec. I don't know how to modify and have them use
> latest Xen master. I guess it is necessary for XenAPI to use new feature in
> Xen and maybe you have the way to do so. Could you tell me how to do it?

Everything is based on the packages so you'll need to build the RPMs for Xen,
install them, then rebuild and the right versions of the packages will be
picked up.
You may need to change the other areas I put in the previous mail, depending if
paths or versions have changed:
---
The buildroot scripts depend on a version of Xen
(https://github.com/xenserver/buildroot/blob/master/SPECS/xenopsd.spec#L56 but
see also
https://github.com/xenserver/buildroot/blob/master/scripts/lib/mappkgname.py#L13
 - if you need to change RPM dependencies to different versions, you may need
to change things here).  The other place I know we change a few things relating
to Xen are
https://github.com/xenserver/buildroot/blob/master/SOURCES/xenopsd-xc-init#L39.
---

>       # xe host-enable:
>       The host toolstack is still initializing

There might be lots of reasons for this - try "message-cli diagnostics" to see
if there are any services not running.
We've seen some cases of xenopsd-xc not starting which can easily cause this,
but the fixes for that went in in the last few days so a re-compile could
resolve that.

Bob