Re: [Xen-devel] Trying to get HyperSCSI and Xen to work... ;-)

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:25:15AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> A lot of the network control code (e.g., routing of packets) isn't
> great. We want to rework it at some point in the near future -- adding
> more flexible packet forwarding, filtering and rewriting. The code has
> evolved into its current form rather than being cleanly designed :-(

Are there any plans to add rate limiting of network packets per domain
(in and out)?  This seemed to be the only feature missing from Xen for
use in a hostile shared hosting environment.  I read it has a fair
scheduler for packet traffic which is great.  Being able to put a cap
on the absolute traffic levels would be even better.

--
Nick Craig-Wood
ncw1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx