Re: [Xen-devel] New kernel won't boot

> Now, I'm back at the original problem, which is the same as
> for the image.gz and xenoimage.gz from the 1.0 CD image:
>
> - I'm able to boot image.gz via Grub (I renamed image.gz to xenimage.gz):
>       root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /xenimage.gz dom0_mem=512000 ser_baud=115000 noht
>         module /xenolinux.gz root=/dev/sda2 ro console=/dev/tty0 DOMID=0
> - There is a message about "guest OS address is 0x0c000000"
>   then my system reboots.  Unfortunately, I cannot catch the
>   exact message because it's gone too quickly.

Please can you add 'noreboot' to the xen (kernel) command line so
that you'll be able to see the last lines of debug
output. Alternatively, perhaps you could connect a serial console?

Just to make sure that what you have as the 'module' line is
actually a xen guest image, please can you do:

 "zcat xenolinux.gz | strings | head -1"

You should get the string "XenoGues".

How much memory has the machine got? You're configuring domain0
with 512MB, and Xen will have taken some for itself, so you
should have at least 576MB.

> So, I hope you are able to provide some guidance.  I'll try to
> help you tune the documentation, at the same time....

Thanks. Our current documentation is very poor. There's a lot of
good information that's been posted in the xen-devel mailing
list, but we need to pull it into a FAQ.

> My application, BTW, is Grid services deployment (I'm co-chair
> of one of the working groups at http://www.gridforum.org).

We're keen to see take-up of Xen by the GRID community...

Ian